McNab’s has become my go to for my energy needs and I am super excited that they have released an energy drink which is the first natural energy drink produced I South Africa which is taurine-free, vegan and halaal. I use to live on energy drinks in my university day to the point where they stopped working on me but recent studies showing all the random energy drink brands that have been coming out that are actually damaging to the health which is really shocking but luckily Mcnab’s has released an all natural version so you can be sure this won’t be harmful at all.
are pretty affordable too at R19,95 per can. It comes in raspberry flavour not sweet at all since it contains 25% less kilojoules then your average energy drink.
Just to give you a bit of insight into the ingredients used in the energy drink:
- Guarana berries are what gives the caffeine and has been used as an energy restorative for centuries.
- Panax ginseng is used in traditional Chinese meds for stress and ill health.
- Green tea obviously the most popular and well known ingredient containing many antioxidants and caffeine.
- Green coffee beans which are basically unroasted coffee beans which contains more nutrients then roasted beans.
- Beetroot juice which is actually really good for you it improves the delivery of oxygen to the brain and muscles improving mental and physical performance. So definitely get your beetroot on!